Løvøen Gård and all its buildings were constructed around 1850.
At the time, the farm was a busy trading post on the coast. Apart from traditional farming there was also a fish terminal, a grocer, a tin factory and a bakery. The last of these to be closed down was the grocer, in 1986.
In 1990 the restoration of the main building at the farm began, and the tourist activitities got off the ground. Prior to this, the buildings had been falling into disrepair for some time.
We are now in the middle of renovating the last house on the farm.
We have received an award for good architectural design from the municipality of Vikna.
The owner and manager is Frode Willy Hansen.